top of page

Hillary Clinton Takes Responsibility for Attacks on Benghazi Consulate

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton assumed responsibility on Monday for last month's deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, which has become an issue in the hard-fought U.S. presidential campaign.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN during a visit to Peru, adding that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden would not be responsible for specific security instructions for U.S. diplomatic facilities.

"I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world," Clinton said.

"The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."

Comentários


NEWSLETTERS

Get Reason In Your Inbox.

Thanks for submitting!

Join the

LIBERTARIAN PARTY

We are funded entirely by Americans who want to help give liberty a voice. By joining the Libertarian Party as a dues-paying member, you are investing in this critical work.

Thanks for submitting!

ADDRESS

1444 Duke St.

Alexandria, VA 22314-3403

PHONE

(800) ELECT-US

(800) 353-2887

EMAIL

bottom of page